C18 SAMPLE ART ACTIVITY 4
Making a scrapbooking style thank-you card using card, lettering, stamps, ribbons and embellishments. Make a collection.
- Collection of different coloured cardboard
- Paper trimmer
- Various lettering options…stick on / chipboard/ stamps
- Ribbons, buttons, flowers and other embellishments
- Craft glue
- Show students many different ideas for creating cards. A collection of images from card-making and scrapbooking magazines is useful .
- Students select a style and colour base.
- Use the paper trimmer to cut card to A5 size and fold in half
- Add lettering, embellishments etc. Encourage students to try several options before gluing anything
- Golden rule: sometimes less is more. Some students want to put every thing on the card and crowd it. Encourage them to stick to a few options.
- On the back have a small symbol and artists signature. Place in a small cellophane bag with a matching envelope.
- Start with the particular person in mind and select colours and images that would appeal to them. Be conscious of the intended audience when making decisions.
- Make a collection to have handy when you want to thank someone for something they do for you
ART ACTIVITY EXAMPLES