C7 SAMPLE ART ACTIVITY 2
Playing with the simple design of fish to make them look funky. Using either a watercolour base or plain white paper, doodle black ink designs to give the fish pattern and form.
- Black ink
- White art paper
- Watercolour paints
- Small paint brushes
- Black card
- Students draw a large distorted fish outline
- Use a mix of colourful watercolour paints, or use water colour pencils and add water after wards. Colour in the fish shape.
- Once the colour is dry, use a black ink pen draw in the outlines and add doodle patterns, the eye, fin and mouth features
- Mounting on bright coloured card then black card looks effective too. Framing these can make a nice gift. Leave plenty of clean white space so the fish stands out
- Adding a creative name for the new species of fish
- Cut out the fish and create an aquarium back wall space to stick all the fish
ART ACTIVITY EXAMPLES